Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday

This day, Friday, almost 2000 years ago, a man was executed. This man was no ordinary man, however, this was God made in human form. This day He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him (2 Cor 5:21). I can’t imagine the suffering that Jesus went through in just a matter of hours. Any lesser man (than the Son of God) could not have bore the burden.

I woke up this morning with the desire to read Six Hours One Friday by Max Lucado over this Easter weekend. I’ve not read very far into it yet but already I have found a gem worth sharing. Mr. Lucado points out something I had never considered in the story of the woman at the well-


She left her water pot with Jesus.


The water pot, her burden, which she carried to the well, was left there beside Jesus as she ran to tell others that she had met the Messiah. Now I realize at some point this woman probably needed her water pot and went back to get it and that’s where the metaphor breaks down. Praise God that when we lay our burdens at the feet of Jesus we never need to pick them up.

Are you carrying a water pot? I pray that you will lay your burden down and this is an excellent day to start. Happy Easter.

The woman at the well is found in John 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home